- Shopping list: This should include items that are absolutely needed excluding items that can be borrowed from a friend or items that can possibly be replaced with items you have in the fridge.
- Pack extra reusable bags before rushing off to the grocery store
- Visit the Farmer’s Market for produce
- Setup the kitchen - make sure each bin, compost, recycle, and trash, are easily available and clearly marked during the big cooking sessions to make it easy to keep to zero waste.
- Break out the china! Use non-disposable dishware for the big meal. If there is not enough, ask guests to bring some!
- Compost, Compost, Compost and Recycle! After the meal, make sure food scraps and other compostable items make it to the green bin and recyclables into the blue bin.
- Make some stock. If there are a lot of vegetable and turkey scraps left on the cutting board a great way to make use of these is to make some soup stock!
- Recycle used oil
- Sit back, relax, and keep zero waste calm!
Image Credits : Write graphic by Taras Shypka from Flaticon is licensed under CC BY 3.0.Made with Logo Maker