- Energy and Carbon Leadership Group: Aims to foster collaboration that helps local companies reach their energy and carbon sequestration goals while also accelerating progress on San Francisco's community-wide push to 100% renewable energy.
- Green Teams Collaboration Initiative: Aims to create opportunities for joint learning and action across volunteer Green Teams at local companies.
- BC3 Ideas Hub: Regular events provide opportunities for BC3 members to learn about emerging issue areas and explore areas of potential future BC3 work.
- Congestion Management Working Group: CH2M HILL, in coordination with the Business Council on Climate Change (BC3), facilitated a technical working group to promote consensus development related to congestion pricing and other transportation-oriented strategies that are included as part of San Francisco's climate strategy.
- Workplace Charging for Electric Vehicles: With support from the Full Circle Fund, BC3 launched a working group to develop a guide for installing workplace charging infrastructure.
- What's Your Watt: Energy Use Education: What’s Your Watt? was a program that allowed San Francisco residents and businesses convenient access via the SF Public Library system to energy meters to measure the energy use of individual appliances and electronics.
- Green Tenant Toolkit: The Green Tenant Toolkit Working Group was convened by the Business Council on Climate Change and the San Francisco Department of Environment in June 2011 to create a toolkit of resources to facilitate sustainable practices in commercial buildings by enhancing co-operation between owners, property managers, tenants and occupants in San Francisco.
- Climate Action Plan Advisory Panel: The Business Advisory Panel was formed to provide business input to the San Francisco Climate Action Plan (CAP), which was revised in 2013 and renamed the San Francisco Climate Action Strategy.